HAHA … kids reacting to seeing a VCR and trying to guess what it is. How quickly time moves on 🙂
You could have quite a healthy discussion after showing this video about technology or anything really that young people and others from another generation might see differently.
1. What technology did your parents use for … washing up, talking to relatives, keeping memories
2. What technology do you understand that your parents don’t ‘get’?
3. How could your understanding of technology cause problems or tension for your parents?
4. What could you do to reduce that and work better together as a family?
5. What does the Bible say about how generations should treat each other?
Resources to Ponder
Ephesians 6:1-4 (ESV)
Children and Parents
6 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), 3 “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” 4 Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
1 Timothy 5:1-4 ESV / 60 helpful votes
Do not rebuke an older man but encourage him as you would a father, younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, in all purity. Honor widows who are truly widows. But if a widow has children or grandchildren, let them first learn to show godliness to their own household and to make some return to their parents, for this is pleasing in the sight of God.